You get toxins from the food you eat, from the air you breathe, and from the water you drink. So every time you eat something, toxins are added to your body. They must be eliminated so that they will not cause various health conditions. When it comes to detoxification, there are a number of techniques that you might want to try out. Here are some of those techniques.
- Drink plenty of water – The most common technique is water therapy. Water is a great cleanser and that is why you should drink a lot of it every day. Doctors suggest that more than eleven glasses of water or at least one gallon of water should be consumed in a day. Some who undergo water therapy do not eat so that water will have an easier time cleansing the digestive track.
- Eat foods rich in fiber – Another way to detoxify the body, particularly the digestive track is to eat a lot of foods which are rich in fiber. Fiber sweeps the toxins off the walls of the digestive track and allows them to leave the body via defecation. Some examples of foods which are rich in fiber include cabbage, broccoli, artichokes and practically any leafy vegetable. Fruits like apple and pineapple can also clear the digestive track effectively.
- Eat citrus fruits – The reason why you should eat citrus fruits is that they are very rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps the body produce glutathione. Glutathione might be commonly known as a compound that makes one’s skin whiter. However, it should be noted that glutathione also helps the body get rid of unwanted toxins. Examples of citrus fruits include oranges, lemons, and limes.
- Exercise – Aside from eating healthy foods, you should also engage in a very active lifestyle. Never fail to do something every day that will make you sweat. Sweating helps remove the toxins in your body through the pores of your skin. Callisthenic exercises are the best exercises to produce a lot of sweat out of you.
- Deep-breathing – Also, you should always take time to conduct deep breathing. By breathing very deeply, you allow oxygen to circulate better in your body. This helps remove all those unwanted toxins especially the ones located in the blood. Good blood circulation will also allow vitamins and nutrients obtained from food to be evenly distributed throughout your body. Deep breathing is one of the simplest and easiest natural detox technique for anyone who wants to get rid of the toxins in his body.