Check out these amazing ginger juice concoctions. Ginger is one of the most beneficial roots that can be incorporated into a juice, or a diet in general. The health benefits of ginger are numerous and incredible. Though it has been used for ages to combat illness in various cultures, ginger has also been the subject of many studies to test its effectiveness for digestive health, colds, and even cancer.
Health Benefits of Ginger
To refresh your memory on the wonders of ginger, consider some of the medical and dietary health benefits it has been proven to have.
More benefits are yet to be confirmed by further studies, but here are a few good reasons to add it to your juice:
- Soothe colds and flu: Asian countries have used an herbal remedy of ginger for thousands of years to naturally treat symptoms of colds and flu virus, which has also been confirmed by the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Improves blood flow: The ginger root is rich in magnesium, zinc and chromium, all of which help your blood circulate more efficiently and reduces fever, chills and too much sweat.
- Aids digestion: Helping your body better absorb nutrients, ginger is often used to treat indigestion as it reduces stomachache and inflammation.
- Powers up your immune system: Ginger supports your immunity by reducing bacterial infections in the digestive system, fights cough and cold symptoms, and prevents fatty deposits from entering your arteries.
Great Ginger Juice Recipes
Ginger Pineapple and Carrot Juice
2 oz Ginger root (peeled)
1 Carrot (medium-sized, chopped)
How to Prepare
- Cut the hard skin off the pineapple, discard the core, and slice the flesh into chunks.
- Combine carrot and pineapple in juicer. Blend.
- Strain, and grate the ginger into the juice. Add your preference of ginger until it tastes perfect.
- Add ice cubes.
Orange Veggie & Ginger Juice
1 Orange (peeled)
1/2 Sweet red pepper
1 inch of ginger root
How to Prepare
- Chop carrots, beet, apple and red pepper into smaller slices.
- Add all ingredients to juicer. Blend well.
- Use ice cubes, if desired.
Other Veggies to Add to Your Juice
For more ideas on organic, healthy food recipes and other wellness tips, visit this site.