Juicer pulp recipes are essential if make juice often; you probably have realized that you throw away a LOT of pulp! It can add up to substantial waste, especially, if you buy organic. Plus, I hate wasting food, even if I do feel like I get my money’s worth out of juicing.
Fortunately, you can use it in so many ways. It’s an easy way to add bulk, moisture and nutritional fiber to your recipes!
It’s safe to save the juice pulp for at least 12 hours in the fridge, if you know you want to use it the next day. You should use it as soon as possible.
If you can’t use it right away, just put it in a plastic bag or container and freeze it until ready for use.
Juicer Pulp: Tips on how to use your leftover pulp in everyday recipes
1) Mix any veggie pulp into a dip, soup or sauce.
2) Toss some pulp into your pasta sauce. Mix it right into the tomato sauce for “chunky” sauce.
3) Create some veggie meatballs, meatloaves or burgers. Add the pulp to the recipe. Carrot, beets, and even apple work well. Skeptical about meat-less meatloaf or burger – but why not give them a try anyways.
4) Toss it into any baked good recipe. How about throwing some carrot pulp into a muffin or cake recipe? Pancakes work well too (berries, pineapple and apples are good for pancakes; carrot pancakes are great). It adds some moisture, flavor and a nice texture.
5) Sneak it into some layered recipes like lasagna, or stuffing recipes (from that leftover tomato veggie juice you made).
6) Try putting it in savory muffins, pies, quiche and biscuits recipes. Add some celery, onion or tomato pulp in with your recipe to give it some flair!
7) Make some raw veggie crackers (requires dehydrator).
8) Use fruit pulp (especially berries) in frozen fruit pops.
9) Give it to your pets by make your own animal treats!
10) Throw some extra pulp in a smoothie!
Usually, most recipes can be modified to incorporate some pulp. I have found that it doesn’t change baked goods at all, except for a fibrous texture.
Juicer Pulp Recipes
Here are some Juicer Pulp Recipes:
(more coming soon!)
Submit a Juice Recipe or a Juicing Tip
If you have a favorite recipe or want to share a review of your favorite juicer, why not submit it here in the comment section for others to enjoy too!
And read more about the benefits of juicing on this juicing site.